Wednesday 30 July 2014

Hiiumaa, 2014

I want to tell you something.

There are two big islands in Estonia. One of them is magical. Time flows differently there. A day has exactly as many hours as you need and the nights are full of grasshopper music and small blue lights.

That's what Hiiumaa has always been for me.









After three fantastic days with friends, I took the bus to my aunt and uncle. I've never been there with just them, only when their kids have been there. It was amazing to hear their stories. I love, love, love my family.

We swam three times a day, I read two books, travelled a bit, rode a bike for the first time this year, fed sheep, ate berries, wrote stories, inspired by the island and the stories they told. Four days of pure joy.













Thank you to the people who were there with me. Especially Kelly, since it's her birthday and she took some of the photos here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi. tell me things?